Depression can be a feeling which we all experience in our day to day life but if depression persist with or without any reason for more than specific period of time then it is called as depressive disorder.
Generally it is considered that depressive disorder is due to weakness of an individual or punishment of Allah, which is not true. It is a medical condition just like any other physical problem which can get better with depressive disorder treatment.
HOW PERSON “THINK” IN DEPRESSION
- Loss of interest
- Pessimistic thoughts
- Inability to concentrate
- Worthlessness, HOPELESSNESS
- May Develop death wish and suicidal thoughts
HOW PERSON “FEEL” in Depression
- Low mood with worsening of mood in morning
- feeling burdened and lethargic
- Low confidence
- Loss of pleasure, satisfaction, and enjoyment
- Decreased sexual desire
- Decreased appetite and weight loss
HOW PERSON “BEHAVE” in DEPRESSION
- Everything feels like an effort,
- Withdrawal – from people, work, relaxations, or pleasures
- Suicidal Attempt
In our setup patient mostly present with disturbed sleep, headache, lethargy, pain and heaviness in shoulder region. Most important, in depression, social and occupational life starts getting affected.
Depression is a treatable condition and with proper treatment, from psychiatrist and psychologist, one can completely come out of depression and start living a healthy life as he used to have before this illness.